Sharing Personal Snippet Groups
Why Share Snippet Groups?
Sharing Snippet Groups allow everyone to benefit from useful Snippets without having to redundantly create Snippets. This helps keep everyone consistent and organized which ultimately increases efficiency! It’s also a great way for others to see how you’re using TextExpander.
How to share Personal Snippet Groups
- Sign in to your TextExpander.com account, select “My Snippets” from the sidebar.
- Select the Snippet Group you’d like to share and select “Sharing” at the top.
From here, you can choose how you’d like to share this Snippet Group:
- Directly with individuals via an email invite.
- With others in your TextExpander for Teams account.
- With other TextExpander users by posting a public URL to your shared communities.
- With every TextExpander user by listing your Snippet Group in our Public Groups catalogue.
If you’re sharing from the TextExpander App, simply select the Snippet Group you’d like to share and select “Share”. You’ll be redirected to TextExpander.com to follow the instructions above.
Prepping your Snippet Groups
Before sharing, we suggest you do two key things first:
Explore the different ways you can share Snippets within TextExpander. You may realize not all Snippets should be shared the same way.