Getting Around TextExpander for iPhone & iPad
Navigate between the two main views of TextExpander, Snippet Groups and Notes, using the buttons in the menu bar or by swiping right. Tap on a Snippet Group to open it, swipe to the right or tap the back arrow to exit.
View a list of your Snippet Groups. Search on a snippet. Tap on a Snippet Group to see its snippets. There are a couple of buttons in the toolbar and menu bar.
- Settings gear : access app Settings
- Help : access the Help and other resources (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- + : add a Snippet Group or import a new Group via URL, one of TextExpander’s optional Public Groups, or from a Mac, iPhone, or iPad on the local wifi network
- Edit: delete a Snippet Group or reorder them
- Info (inline with the Snippet Group name): rename, turn on “Ignore in iOS” to prevent the Group’s snippets from expanding, duplicate or copy the Snippet Group, or share the Snippet Group with another Mac, iPhone, or iPad on the local wifi network
Tap into a Snippet Group and there are new buttons.
- + : add a new snippet
- Edit: delete a snippet
- Action : open the sharing menu to copy the snippet contents to the clipboard, or send the contents of the snippet to a new email, message, tweet, or AirPrint printer (iPhone/iPod touch only).For iPad, tap on the snippet to see the Action button in the toolbar.
A quickly accessible text area to test and expand snippets, compose notes, emails, tweets, etc. There are a couple of buttons in the toolbar and menu bar.
- Action : open the sharing menu to copy the text of a note to a new email, message, tweet, or the clipboard.
- File Drawer : view a list of notes. Tap “Edit” to delete a note, or + to create a new note (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- Erase : delete the current note
- Edit: edit the current note (iPhone/iPod touch only)
Version 4 requires iOS 11 and later.