Read-Only/Non-Editable Snippet Groups
How to enable editing in read-only Groups
The likely cause of this issue is that TextExpander is having trouble communicating with the server.
This means a good first step would be to check if you have any available updates, as an older version might not be able to seamlessly sync as well as it should.
You can quickly ensure that you’re up to date by following the below steps –
- Select the “Preferences” button towards the top-right of your TextExpander window.
- Select “Update” in the top row of icons.
- Once the Update preferences are shown, select “Check now” to check for updates.
If you have any trouble updating, then please download a new copy from here.
Once the download completes move the new unzipped copy into your Applications folder. (Your snippets are safe in another location.)
If you are still unable to edit your snippets after updating TextExpander, then please try the following –
- Sign in to TextExpander.com: https://app.textexpander.com/sign-in
- Click on the group you can no longer edit. (It will have its original name on TextExpander.com.)
- Scroll down and click ‘Add Snippet’.
- Click ‘Save’ in the window that appears.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for any groups that you can no longer edit.
Doing so should send an update to your TextExpander application which should fix the group that is having problems.