Discover Ready-Made Snippets in Public Groups
TextExpander offers many ready-made Snippet Groups which you can find, and add to your library, on the Public Groups page.
How to Find and Join Public Groups in TextExpander
To add a group:
- Visit Public Groups, or from the app,
- From the Snippet Groups list, choose the “+” plus at the bottom of the screen and select “Add Public Group”.
- Locate a group you’d like to add from the page, then choose the “+” plus sign.
- The next page will show the Subscribe screen for that group. Select . If you aren’t signed in to TextExpander.com, you will be asked to do so first.
Now you’re done; the group is included your library.
Available Public Groups Created by TextExpander
Anyone may publish a Public Group on this page, and any TextExpander user may subscribe to these groups.
Public Groups provided by TextExpander include the following:
- Accented Words
Over 50 English words of non-English origin that are spelled using diacritical accent marks. For example, crème, brûlée, protégé.
Over 200 emoji, such as :thumbsup: 👍 :sunglasses: 😎 :cookie: 🍪.
- HTML & CSS Snippets
HTML tags and special character codes, CSS selectors and declarations.
- Internet Productivity Snippets
Shorten URLs automatically using services like bit.ly. To use one of these snippets, copy a URL, then type the abbreviation of one of the productivity snippets. A shortened URL will expand.
- Symbol Snippets
Insert common symbols such as ®, ©, and €.
- AutoCorrect Snippets
Over 100 of the most commonly misspelled words in English.
- AutoCorrect Snippets (Deutsch)
Over 100 of the most commonly misspelled words in German.
- AutoCorrect Snippets (Français)
Over 100 of the most commonly misspelled words in French.
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary
2400+ English-language misspellings based on the exhaustive AutoCorrect Dictionary created by TidBITS publisher Adam Engst and collaborator Micah Alpern. (For more details, go to http://db.tidbits.com/article/6103.)
Note: For best results when using AutoCorrect files, set TextExpander to expand “immediately when typed” instead of “at delimiter”. (See Preferences: Expand Abbreviations).