TextExpander for iPhone & iPad Settings
To locate the Settings tap Snippet Groups > Settings (iPhone/ iPod), or tap Settings > General (iPad).
For Snippet Group specific settings see Editing Snippet Groups.
These settings apply to the TextExpander app, and the TextExpander keyboard.
- Ignore Case: A snippet will expand regardless of the case with which its abbreviation is typed. For example, when switched off, the snippet “em1” will not expand if typed “Em1”. This applies to the TextExpander app and the TextExpander keyboard.
- Expand Immediately: Switched on, a snippet expands immediately after the final character of the abbreviation is typed. Switched off, a snippet expands only after the abbreviation is typed followed by a space, which acts as a delimiter. Since the space acts as a part of the abbreviation it does not appear once expansion has occurred. This applies to the TextExpander app and the TextExpander keyboard.
- Auto-Capitalization: Capitalize the first letter following a period. This functions when typing in the Notes screen of the TextExpander app, or when using the TextExpander keyboard.
- Auto-correction: Automatically corrects spelling as you type using the iOS built in auto-correct. This functions in the Notes screen of the TextExpander app, or when using the TextExpander keyboard.
- Play Expansion Sound: Hear a “pop” to let you know when a snippet expands.
- Keyboard Clicks: Hear “clicks” while typing.
- Capital Key Caps: When on, keyboard key caps appear uppercase at all times. When off, key caps switch between uppercase and lowercase with tap of Shift key.
- Share Snippets: Other applications, when TextExpander-enabled, allow snippet expansion. If you do not have any TextExpander-enhanced apps, snippet expansion is limited to the Note screen.
It order for snippet sharing to work, you will also need to open your TextExpander-enhanced app to its Settings or Preferences and switch on TextExpander.
- First Line Subject: The first line of a Note you send to Mail will be used in the subject line, the rest of the Note will be in the email body.
For iPad this is found outside the main Settings list next to General.
Sort the order of snippets in their Snippet Groups alphabetically or chronologically by:
- Date Created