Add a new group:
- Click the Add Groups “+” button in the menu bar of the TextExpander window.
- Tap the “+” at the bottom of the Groups list.
- Click the Add Groups “+” button at the top of the Groups list, then choose Add Group.
You can now populate this group with snippets, either by creating new snippets or dragging in snippets in snippets from other groups.
Add a group from a file:
TextExpander can import comma-separated (.csv) files and TextExpander group files (.textexpander) via TextExpander.com. See How To Import / Export Groups on TextExpander.com.
Import via TextExpander for Mac:
- Download and install TextExpander v6.5.6: https://TextExpander.com/download
- Sign in to TextExpander, Open the TextExpander window and click the “+” in the lower-left corner.
- Choose “Add group from file” then locate and select the file.
Add a group from another app:
Add a predefined snippet group:
TextExpander offers many ready-made snippet groups which you can find, and add to your library, on the Public Groups page. To add a group:
- Visit Public Groups, or from the app,
- Choose File > Add Public Group from the menubar or
- Sign in to TextExpander.com and click the Add Group “+” plus button at the top of the Groups list, then choose Public Groups.
- Locate a group you’d like to add from the page, then click on Subscribe.
- The next screen will show the Subscribe screen for that group. Click Subscribe to Group. If you aren’t signed in to TextExpander.com, you will be asked to do so first.
The group is added to your library and ready to use. It is not editable, though you may duplicate the group and edit the contents of the copy.
Anyone may choose to publish a group on this page, and any TextExpander user may use those groups.