You can prevent selected groups of snippets from expanding in apps of your choosing. This may be help if you don’t want your HTML code snippets to expand in Pages while you are typing a report, for example.
Apply to just one snippet group:
- Open the TextExpander window and click to select one of your snippet groups. You will see the “Group Settings” appear on the right.
- Currently “Expand in:” is set to “All Applications.”
- Change it to “All Application, Except” if you want to exclude only a couple of applications from expanding this snippet group.
- Change it to “Only These Application” if you only want this snippet group to expand in a couple select applications.
- Change it to “No Application, Disabled” if you don’t want the snippets of this group to expand at all.
- Once you have made a selection, another window will open where you can check the apps you want to include/exclude.
Apply to all snippets groups:
- Open TextExpander’s Preferences > Expansion window and locate “Default is to expand snippet groups in.”
- Select “Only These Application” or “All Application, Except”, details above, and then select the apps you want to exclude/include.