Delimiters are [Space], [Tab], [Return], [Esc] as well as over 30 other characters such as period, comma, slash, backslash, brackets, and tilde.
1. Choose TextExpander > Preferences…
2. Click Expansion in the Preferences toolbar
3. Click Set Delimiters… to see all available delimiters
What happens to the delimiter after the abbreviation is expanded?
In Preferences > Expansion, the menu “Expand abbreviations:” has two choices for delimiter behavior:
– at delimiter (keep delimiter)
– at delimiter (abandon delimiter)
(To override this setting for a specific snippet, add a “Keep delimiter” specifier (“%+”, without the surrounding quotation marks) or an “Abandon delimiter” specifier (“%-“) to the very end of your snippet.)