What’s a Team?
Teams help working groups within your company quickly share collections of snippet groups with each other. Add a Member to a Team, and they’ll instantly have all the snippet groups needed for that working group, such as “VIP Support” or “Sales-West.”
- There is no limit to the number of Teams an Organization can have.
- Groups can also be shared with members outside the Team.
- Members and snippet groups can be on any number of Teams.
- Team members can add and remove themselves from the Team groups.
How To Set Up A Team
You need to be a TextExpander Admin to access the Organization’s settings.
- From your account on TextExpander.com, select “Teams” from the sidebar, under your Organization name.
- Select the + plus button to add a new Team, then give that team a name.
- Your new Team as two areas: Members, where you can add and remove members of the Team, and Snippet Groups, where you can add and remove the snippet groups the Team will share.
- From the Team’s Snippet Groups tab, select the “edit” button at the upper right. You’ll see a list of all the snippet groups which are part of your Organization.
- Click the arrow inline with the snippet group you want to add to your Team. Use the search bar to find specific groups.
If you don’t see the group you want to add, it may not be part of the Organization yet. To make a snippet group part of your Organization: open that group’s Sharing tab, scroll down and under “Organization” select your TextExpander organization.
- Click the “edit” button when you are done.
Add some team members:
- From the Team’s Members tab, select the “add members” button at the upper right. You’ll see a list of all the Members who are part of your Organization.
- Select all the people you’d like to add. Use the search bar to find specific people.
- Click the “Add to Team” button when you are done.
To remove Groups or Members, follow the same steps above to remove the item while editing the list.
Just like you can have an Organization Admin and a Snippet Group Admin, assign a couple Team members to be Team Admin. This allows them to add and remove both Groups and Members.
This also allows you to have Team Admin without making them Organization Admin. Team Admin will be able to see and Manage Teams from their account, but will not see any other Organization Settings.