You will need to install the TextExpander app and create an account to use TextExpander. You can create an account on our site. Instructions to install our app for various devices are below.
Using Multiple Devices
Your TextExpander account allows you to run TextExpander on all the devices, desktop and mobile, of which you are the main user. You will need to have the TextExpander app running on each device.
Installing on Mac
- Download TextExpander. You should see the app, or the ZIP file, in your Downloads folder. Unzip the downloaded ZIP file if necessary.
- Drag the TextExpander app to your Applications folder. TextExpander needs to be moved into the Applications folder via the macOS Finder and not by a 3rd party application.
- Double-click the TextExpander app to launch, then sign in with your account.
Installing on Windows
- Download TextExpander. You should see the TextExpander.exe file in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click to run it, and follow the onscreen directions.
- When the TextExpander app launches, sign in with your account.
TextExpander for Windows can only be installed in the default location, you cannot customize the install location.
Installing on Chrome/Linux
Install TextExpander on Chrome extension to use on Chromebooks and Linux.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store. Look for TextExpander for Chrome under Extensions.
- Click the Add to Chrome button, and follow the onscreen directions.
- When asked, sign in with your account.
Note: If you have the Mac or Windows app installed on our computer then you do not need the Chrome extension. If you have the app and the Chrome extension, do not run them at the same time.
Installing on iOS
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- Tap or click the price or Get button. If you see the “Open” button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app.
- Launch the app. Sign in with your account.