Turning On Accessibility Access In TextExpander for Mac
For privacy reasons, OS X does not allow third-party applications (such as TextExpander) to log keystrokes unless access for assistive devices is turned on.
In macOS 11.0 (Big Sur):
- Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility -> TextExpander.
- Make sure there is a check next to TextExpander. You may have to click on the lock in the lower left-hand corner and enter in your Admin password first.
- Close System Preferences.
- Launch TextExpander.
In earlier OS versions:
- Choose System Preferences… from the menu
- Choose Security & Privacy from the View menu of System Preferences
- If locked, click the lock icon at the bottom left and enter your admin password
- Click Accessibility in the list on the left
- Check both TextExpander and TextExpander Helper in the list on the right
- Close System Preferences
- Launch TextExpander