How To Cancel Your TextExpander Account
To stop using TextExpander and stop getting charged for TextExpander, you can deactivate your account.
Deactivate an Individual Account:
- Sign in to your TextExpander.com account and select your Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Deactivate or Delete.
- Deactivate: This will cancel your TextExpander subscription, and freeze your Snippets so that they do not expand in the app.
- Delete: This will cancel your TextExpander subscription and permanently delete all your data, your Snippets, and your statistics.
- You can now remove the TextExpander app from your device.
Deactivate a TextExpander for Teams Account:
- Sign in to your TextExpander.com account, and follow this link to get to the Billing tab. You need to be an Admin of your TextExpander for Teams account to do this.
- Open the Billing tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Deactivate or Convert
- Deactivate: This will cancel your TextExpander payments, and freeze your Snippets so that they do not expand in the app.
- Convert: This means the organization members will be converted to individual accounts. Organization Snippet groups will be converted to shared Snippet groups with the same members. The organization account will be deleted.
- You can now remove the TextExpander app from your team’s devices.
What happens to all my data?
You can always export your Snippet groups from your account here: https://app.textexpander.com/exportSnippets
What happens to my credits when I freeze my account?
Any unused credits are saved for you. Once you re-activate your account, you will begin using up your credits again.
Why can’t I freeze my account?
If you are still in Test Drive mode, the 30 day trial period, then you do not have the option to freeze your account. You can, however, just let your demo lapse, and come back later to re-activate your account.