TextExpander Window Remains Open at Login in macOS 13 Ventura
Hiding the TextExpander Window
With the update to macOS 13 Ventura, the ability to hide windows when logging in to your computer has been removed causing the TextExpander Window to stay open. This affects not only TextExpander but also many other applications used on Macs running Ventura.
We do not currently have a fix for this in place for Ventura users. We are hoping that a future update to the macOS may correct the issue since it is affecting a large number of applications. Meanwhile, we will pursue an investigation into potential alternate solutions for TextExpander users.
How to Hide the TextExpander Window in Older Versions of macOS
If you are running an older version of macOS, you can use the following steps to hide the TextExpander window when logging in:
- Go to the Apple menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select System Preferences.
- From System Preferences, look for and select Users & Groups.
- In Users & Groups, select your User Account.
- Select “Login Items” from the right-hand side of the window, and look for “TextExpander” in the list of items available.
- You will want to make sure there is a checkmark for TextExpander under “Hide” for the TextExpander Window to be hidden at login.