Why Is The TextExpander Keyboard Not Expanding Snippets In iPhone/iPad?
How to expand snippets by using the TextExpander keyboard
First, make sure you have TextExpander 3 for iPhone & iPad or later and the TextExpander custom keyboard doesn’t seem to be expanding your Snippets.
- Do you see your Snippets listed in the TextExpander app on your iPad or iPhone? If not, try to sign out of TextExpander (Choose the cog in the lower-left corner and scroll down to select Sign Out of TextExpander) and sign back in.
- Are you able to expand a Snippet in the notes area of the TextExpander app on your iPhone using the Apple iOS keyboard? This is to check that your Snippets are expanding at all.
- If not, have you set up the TextExpander keyboard? See our article on setting up the TextExpander keyboard.
- Once you have the keyboard setup, try expanding a Snippet in Apple’s Notes app, does that work?
- If not try toggling Full Access off and on in the Settings app General > Keyboard > Keyboards > TextExpander.
- If that doesn’t help, please contact us at TextExpander Support.