The TextExpander 7 public beta is now available to download! The TextExpander team at Smile have been working hard to revamp TextExpander, unveiling a new design and highly-requested features.
You can download the TextExpander 7 public beta now and start using it today. Here’s how:
- Go to TextExpander → Preferences → Update
- Clicking the checkbox next to ‘Include beta builds’
- Click ‘Check for Update’ to download the beta. (You can always go back to the release version by downloading it again from here: https://textexpander.com/download)
3 Things to Know About the TextExpander 7 Public Beta
The TextExpander team have been hard at work on the next TextExpander 7 Public Beta:
- Updates and unifies the user experience
- Improves main window search
- Improves performance and responsiveness
- Improves conflict management
- Broadens accessibility
- Other fixes and improvements
How To Create a Snippet in TextExpander 7
With an all-new interface comes a few changes to creating and managing your Snippets. Here’s how to create a Snippet in TextExpander’s new user interface:
- Decide which group your Snippet will live in by selecting the down arrow in the left panel to see your group list.
- Select the group.
- Select the Add Snippet button (+) on the top right of the group list.
- Enter your Snippet content in the Snippet Editor. Add a label and abbreviation as usual. Your Snippet will save automatically.
Help Us Improve
As with all Betas, we’re relying on early adopters to help us identify bugs before TextExpander 7’s official release. If you have any feedback, please be sure to report it to us by choosing Contact Support from the Help menu or filling out the form on the Support page of our website.