Whether it’s a mid-week slump, your team’s annual review or sales have just gone a little quiet, all salespeople need encouragement. These motivational quotes for sales teams will get everyone ready to sell.
Here are a few ideas for your motivational quotes for sales teams:
- Start a ‘Quote of the Day’ whiteboard in the office – or share in a Slack group if you work remotely.
- Bookmark this post and share it when someone needs a motivation boost.
- Send a Monday morning email to your team with a handful of quotes to keep them motivated throughout the week.
- Get your team to choose their favorites and write them on sticky notes for their desk.
- Getting some eye rolls? That’s okay! Motivational quotes can be treated sarcastically – the trick to motivational quotes is allowing your team to pick quotes that resonate with them.
Whatever you do with these quotes, they’re here to motivate, inspire action and get your sales team selling!
1. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
2. “Selling is something we do for our clients – not to our clients.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.” – Warren Buffett
4. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
5. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, “make me feel important.” Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
6. “Vision without execution is hallucination.” – Thomas A. Edison
7. “You don’t close a sale; you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” – Patricia Fripp
8. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
9. “Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
10. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
11. “It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp
12. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
13. “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking.’ But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
14. “Always set your goals higher than you could ever possibly reach. That way, when you barely fall short, you’re still better than everybody else.” – Carson V.
15. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
16. “Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” – Jim Cathcart
17. “Ninety percent of selling is conviction and 10% is persuasion.” – Shiv Khera
18. “The key to mastering any kind of sales is switching statements about you -how great you are, and what you do- to statements about them.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
19. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
20. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
21. “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” – Henry Ford
22. “The best way to sell yourself to others is first to sell the others to yourself.” – Napoleon Hill
23. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
24. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
25. “No one’s going to come to your house and make your dreams come true.” – Grant Cardone
26. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
27. “Great things are done by a series of small things done together” – Vincent van Gogh
28. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
29. “There is no such thing as a no-sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can’t. Either way, a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him?” – Ben Affleck
30. “Take more chances than you dare. You’ll make more sales than you expect. That’s the formula.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
31. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
32. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
33. “The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.” – John Mason
34. “Prospecting – Find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
35. “Excellence is not a skill. It’s an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
36. “It’s easier to explain price once than to apologize for quality forever.” – Zig Ziglar
37. “Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops.” – Thomas J. Watson Jr.
38. “Integrity is what we do, what we say and what we say we do.” – Don Galer
39. “Never, never, never quit.” – Winston Churchill
40. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time.” – Brian Tracy
41. “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win.” – G.K. Chesterton
42. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
Motivation is a great starting point for success.