FOR RELEASE JUNE 12, 2014 (ANY TIME)
TextExpander touch 2.6 Adds the Fleksy Keyboard
San Francisco, CA – June 12, 2014 – Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, has released TextExpander touch 2.6, an update for the iOS version of their customizable typing shortcut tool. The update adds support for the Fleksy keyboard as well as various minor fixes.
TextExpander touch is $4.99 available on the App Store and requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7.
What’s new in TextExpander touch 2.6:
– Support for Fleksy, a new color keyboard that makes touch typing easy and accurate
– Various minor bug fixes
TextExpander touch Features:
– Type faster on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using short abbreviations that expand into long snippets of text
– Compose notes quickly and easily that contain frequently-used text like addresses, phone numbers, email signatures, URLs, etc.
– Automatically insert your notes into Mail, SMS and Twitter clients, or copy-and-paste messages into other apps on your iOS device
– Use your snippets directly in many TextExpander-enhanced iOS apps
– Sync your snippets using Dropbox, or import your snippet groups from your Mac via your local wifi network
– Share snippet groups with other iOS devices and Macs on your local network
– Save composed notes in an archive for reuse
– Organize snippets in groups
– Sort snippets and organize groups via drag and drop
– Add Predefined Groups such as emoji, accented words, symbols, and HTML/CSS
– Add snippet groups available online via URL
– Create “fill-in-the-blank” snippets including text fields and multiple choice options to quickly customize a snippet upon expansion
– Create and use formatted text and plain text snippets in notes or when sending to email
– Add macros to your snippet with the “Insert” menu to include things like the current date and time, clipboard contents, nesting of other snippets, and more
For more information on TextExpander touch, please visit:
Icon, logotype and screenshots:
# # #
Smile makes productivity software for OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor that won Macworld 2012 Best of Show; PDFpen for iPhone, winner of The Mac Observer’s Editors’ Choice Award; PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of OCR to your iPad and iPhone; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for Mac OS X are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133
# # #
Fleksy is a revolutionary keyboard powered by patent-pending technology that makes typing on any device fast, accurate and so easy you can type without looking.
Its unique language algorithm founded on Geometric Intelligence moves beyond text prediction and autocorrect to give a much more accurate and easier typing experience than other keyboards.
Winner of the 2013 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award, Fleksy is the first keyboard app to be demonstrated on a 3D gesture system (Leap Motion); the first to be demonstrated on a smartwatch (Omate) and the first to arrive on iOS.
Fleksy’s award-winning design and technology is backed by venture capital firms including Highland Capital Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
To learn more about Fleksy, visit http://www.fleksy.com.
Ioannis Verdelis (844)-2-FLEKSY 844 235 3579
Founder and COO, Fleksy