FOR RELEASE MAY 28, 2014 (ANY TIME)
TextExpander 4.3 Improves Searching and Groups User Interface
San Francisco, CA – May 28, 2014 – Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, has released TextExpander 4.3, an update to the popular typing shortcut tool. The update improves search performance and allows the expansion or collapse of all groups in the TextExpander window by option-clicking to expand or collapse one group.
– Improves performance when searching
– Expand or collapse all groups at once by option-clicking one group open or closed
– Resolves issue with non-PNG image links disappearing
– Improves cursor positioning accuracy
– Fixes case where Return no longer works as a delimiter
– Supports snippet creation hotkeys in applications where expansion is disabled
– Resolves issue with expansion in Slack (by waiting for shift key to be released)
– Fixes auto-capitalization error involving accented characters
– Other fixes and improvements
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Save keystrokes by typing short abbreviations to get long snippets
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Reposition the cursor in the expanded snippet, or use our new fill-in-the-blank snippets to enter variable data in multiple fields.
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Use fill-ins for snippets with multiple options for variable content
– Sync snippets via Dropbox; use snippets on multiple devices (with TextExpander touch)
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Get suggestions of matching abbreviations via keyboard shortcut
– Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Print snippets by group
– For programmers, make editor-independent code templates; invoke AppleScripts and shell scripts
– TextExpander 4.3 requires a Mac running OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later.
Family Pack: $44.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household)
Office Pack: $99.95 (office use; up to 5 users in one office)
Upgrade from earlier version of TextExpander: $15
(Free upgrades to users who purchased after January 15, 2012.)
Icon, logotype and screenshots
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile makes productivity software for OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor that won Macworld 2012 Best of Show; PDFpen for iPhone, winner of The Mac Observer’s Editors’ Choice Award; PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of OCR to your iPad and iPhone; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for OS X are available for free download at
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133
PDFpen, PDFpenPro, TextExpander, and the Smile logo are registered trademarks of SmileOnMyMac, LLC dba Smile. DiscLabel is a trademark of Smile.