FOR RELEASE SEPTEMBER 25, 2013 (ANY TIME)
TextExpander 4.1 Adds Emoji Snippet Group, Prepares for Mavericks
San Francisco, CA – September 25, 2013 – Smile has released TextExpander 4.1, an update to the popular typing shortcut tool.The update features a new predefined snippet group with over 200 popular emoji.
The update also prepares TextExpander to be compatible with OS X 10.9 ( Mavericks) as well as many improvements and fixes.
TextExpander retails for $34.95. Family Pack licenses, for home use, are $44.95. Office Pack licenses, which cover 5 users in an office, are $99.95. Upgrades from earlier versions of TextExpander are $15.00, and free to users who purchased after January 15, 2012. Because TextExpander 4 cannot be “sandboxed,” it is not available on the Mac App Store. TextExpander 4 is signed with a Developer ID from Apple to meet the requirements of Gatekeeper in OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and later.
TextExpander 4.x requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
• Adds Emoji snippet group
• Prepares for Mavericks
• Expands properly in Fantastical 1.3.8 and later
• Offers to convert existing snippets when changing default snippet type
• Improves performance with snippets containing multiple embedded images
• Makes Suggest Matching Abbreviation more forgiving of spaces before and while narrowing the search
• Allows capitalization correction in specific types of applications, such as Mellel
• Includes paragraph style information with HTML data for snippets which contain line breaks
• Expands properly when using a Romaji input method with Dvorak key layout
• Many other fixes and improvements
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Save keystrokes by typing short abbreviations to get long snippets
– Correct typos automatically
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Use fill-ins for snippets with multiple options for variable content
– Sync snippets via Dropbox; use snippets on multiple devices (with TextExpander touch)
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Get suggestions of matching abbreviations via keyboard shortcut
– Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect (English, French, German), Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Print snippets by group
– For programmers, make editor-independent code templates; invoke AppleScripts and shell scripts
– Available in English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Italian
– TextExpander 4.1 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
Family Pack: $44.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household)
Office Pack: $99.95 (office use; up to 5 users in one office)
Upgrade from earlier version of TextExpander: $15
(Free upgrades to users who purchased after January 15, 2012.)
For more information on TextExpander, please visit:
# # #
Smile makes productivity software for OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor that won Macworld 2012 Best of Show; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for OS X are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Jean MacDonald (+1-503-226-6346, PST)
Partner, Marketing/PR, Smile
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133