FOR RELEASE JULY 22, 2015 (ANY TIME)
San Francisco, CA – July 22, 2015 – Smile, the developer of productivity applications for Mac, iPad and iPhone, has released TextExpander 5.1, an update to the popular Mac typing shortcut tool. TextExpander 5.1 improves the suggested snippets it recommends by excluding most single words found in a dictionary.
There is a new preference to control whether you receive notifications of the suggestions.
TextExpander 5.1 fixes the “secure input” notification in Chrome.
“We worked with our customers to make the suggested snippets even better,” said Smile founder, Philip Goward. “It is the most powerful aspect of version 5.”
TextExpander 5 has a companion app for iPad and iPhone, TextExpander 3 + custom keyboard. Sync all your snippets to iPad and iPhone and type faster in all apps.
TextExpander is US $44.95 on the Smile Store and requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. Upgrades for current TextExpander users are US $19.95.
For iPad and iPhone: TextExpander 3 + custom keyboard is US $4.99 on the iTunes App Store.
– Suggested snippets exclude most single dictionary words
– Adds new notification preference for snippet suggestions
– Fixes secure input notifications for Chrome
– Other minor fixes and improvements
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Sync via iCloud Drive or any sync folder
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
– Print snippets by group
– Available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander 5 requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
Family Pack: $59.95 (home use; up to 5 computers in one household)
Office Pack: $129.95 (office use; up to 5 users in one office)
Upgrade from earlier version of TextExpander: $19.95
(Free upgrades to users who purchased after January 1, 2015.)
Press Kit: Icon, logotype, screenshots, description
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile makes productivity software for Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, including PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of OCR to your iPad and iPhone; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool; TextExpander 3 + custom keyboard for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for Mac OS X are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter:
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133