San Francisco, CA – April 12, 2016 – Smile, the developer of TextExpander, the popular typing shortcut tool for Mac, iPad and iPhone, and TextExpander.com, the easy way to share snippets across teams, offers improved pricing for upgrading customers and extends the life of previous versions.
Customers with earlier licenses for TextExpander receive a 50% lifetime discount on the new TextExpander. Comparable to previous upgrade costs ($19.95), this brings the yearly cost of the Life Hacker plan to $20. Alternatively, upgrading customers may pay $2.08 monthly to experience the new features before committing to the discounted $20 annual plan. The cost for new purchasers of the Life Hacker plan is similarly reduced to $40 per year.
The most recent standalone releases of TextExpander, TextExpander 5 for Mac and TextExpander 3 + Custom Keyboard, will be made available for continued customer use and placed for sale on a continuing basis. This offers customers the option of private-network snippet storage and sync via Dropbox or iCloud Drive.
“We care about our customers, and strive meet their needs,” stated Philip Goward, Smile co-Founder, “$20 a year for TextExpander for Mac, iPhone, and Windows, makes the new TextExpander an affordable and powerful efficiency booster.”
TextExpander is US $3.33 per month for individuals on the Life Hacker plan, billed annually. Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount. TextExpander is $7.96 per user per month for the Team plan, billed annually. TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later. TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later.
Standalone versions of TextExpander include TextExpander 5 for Mac for $44.95 and TextExpander 3 + Custom Keyboard for $4.99 on the App Store. TextExpander 5 requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. TextExpander 3 requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 8 or later.
What’s in the new TextExpander:
– Integrated TextExpander account and Apps
– Use current snippets on all your devices
– Share snippets easily with coworkers and friends
– Set editing permissions for shared snippets
– Set up an Organization to easily manage sharing across your team
– Automatically join an Organization using your company email address
– Automatically share company snippets with anyone who joins your Organization
– New Windows app (currently in beta)
– Beautiful new app look and feel
– New snippet editing toolbar
– New app icon
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
– Print snippets by group
– Mac version available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later
– TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later
– TextExpander 5 requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander 3 requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 8 or later
US $3.33 / month for a Life Hacker plan for individuals, billed annually.
US $7.96 / user / month for a Team plan, billed annually.
Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime discount on a Life Hacker plan.
3 months free on a Life Hacker plan for users who purchased after December 1, 2015.
Press Kit: Icon, logotype, screenshots, description
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile makes productivity software for smart people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of OCR to your iPad and iPhone and DiscLabel, the CD label design program for Mac.
Sign up for a free TextExpander trial at https://textexpander.com.
Demos of PDFpen, PDFpenPro, and DiscLabel are available for free download at https://smilesoftware.com
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter:
Maia Olson (+1-510-599-7070, PST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133