San Francisco, CA – May 22, 2018 – Smile, the developer of TextExpander, which empowers teams to maintain accurate and consistent communication, now offers enterprise-ready user onboarding with support for single sign-on (SSO) and Teams. TextExpander supports SSO authentication via SAML with specific support for Okta, OneLogin, Google G Suite and JumpCloud. With Teams, managers and team leads can easily and simply onboard their TextExpander users.
SSO simplifies the user onboarding experience by allowing an administrator to manage TextExpander user access from one familiar location. TextExpander supports SSO authentication via SAML protocol. Specific support is provided for the Identity Provider (IdP) services Okta, OneLogin, Google G Suite and JumpCloud. TextExpander is currently in the app directories of Okta, OneLogin and JumpCloud.
The introduction of Teams allows administrators to provide each user with all the content they need, in the form of snippet groups, with only a single step. Each department can maintain their own snippets, giving greater organizational flexibility. Within Teams, snippets are instantly shareable and discoverable.
“We have grown TextExpander from a single-user utility to a full-fledged communication solution that teams can rely and depend on,” said Philip Goward, Smile founder. “From support to sales, legal boilerplate to medical notes, even simple typos, TextExpander helps companies of all sizes communicate with accuracy and consistency. In that time, we’ve learned our enterprise customers have specific onboarding needs due to the sheer volume of employees, contractors, consultants, and staff they manage. And we’ve grown TextExpander to match. With the addition of SSO, and Teams, we know we can keep the companies happy who are so good at using TextExpander to make their customers happy.”
TextExpander is $7.96 per user per month for the Team plan, which offers robust snippet and user management and statistics. Previous-version TextExpander users receive a one year 50% discount on TextExpander for Teams. TextExpander for Mac requires at least macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) and works great on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). TextExpander for Windows requires Windows 7 or later. TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later.
New for TextExpander for Teams:
– Adds Single Sign-On (SSO) for organizations
– Adds Teams for department-level group and user management
– Notifies when snippet group is added to the organization
– Shows statistics on the TextExpander Organization, in aggregate, per snippet
– Adds support for group prefixes and group prefix overrides
– Adds support for Import/Export of .csv and .textexpander files on TextExpander.com
TextExpander for Teams Features:
– Organization and Team level snippet sharing
– Manage team and snippets
– Manage permissions
– Sign up by email domain
– Auto-subscribe users to snippets
– Consolidated billing
– Snippet Statistics
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Integrated TextExpander account and Apps
– Share snippets easily via email invite, set edit permissions
– Manage sharing across your team with a TextExpander Organization
– Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
– Print snippets by group
– Mac version available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later
– TextExpander for iPhone & iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later
US $3.33 / month for a Life Hacker plan for individuals.
US $7.96 / user / month for a Team plan.
Monthly pricing available.
Previous version TextExpander single license users receive a 50% lifetime discount on a Life Hacker plan. Previous version TextExpander users receive a one year 50% discount on a Teams plan.
Press Kit: Icon, logotype, screenshots, description
For more information about TextExpander please visit:
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely knit, geographically diverse company, with roots in the Mac community. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade. We create. We solve. We ship.
Sign up for a free TextExpander trial at https://textexpander.com.
PMB 278 350
Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA