TextExpander for Server
May 24, 2022
- Addresses an issue in which a current organization member with a valid password could sign in with the password even when SSO is required for the organization.
May 16, 2022
- Fixes an issue in the Org Members list in which using Select All while in a filtered list would select the wrong set of users.
- Sorts the list of teams properly in the Reporting options
- Sorts users with diacritics in their names correctly in the Organization Members list
- Includes the team name when exporting reports filtered by team
April 4, 2022
- Better UI for selecting multiple items in many of the lists
- Presents warning if an organization admin attempts to add a snippet group with a similar title to a snippet group that already exists in the organization
- Search fields in lists can now be cleared
- UI now shows when filters are applied to a list
- Organizations in a trial can now switch their tier
- Fixed a browser navigation issue with the Members page for organizations
February 14, 2022
- New weekly email for organization admins to see key metrics about their organization's performance
- Added Dutch to the list of supported languages for the web application
- Enhanced features in the Organization Members view to support filtering, exporting, and managing pending members.
- Revised the list management UI to make it easier to work with multiple selections
- Minor changes to the Organization's SSO configuration view
January 18, 2022Maintenance release.
- Improves error handling when trying to access reports that are only accessible to higher tiers
- Improves performance when viewing the Sharing tab for snippet groups belonging to organizations with very large numbers of members
December 21, 2021Additional Team-level and reporting options for Growth and Enterprise tier customers.
- Team-level filtering in organization reports – If your organization has teams set up, you can now filter your reporting to see only the activity for a specific team’s members. (Growth and Enterprise tiers only)
- Team Admin access to reports – Team admins within an organization can now access reporting about their teams. (Growth and Enterprise tiers only)
- User Drill-down reports – When viewing an organization’s Snippets report, you can click on a snippet in the table to run a new report showing the specific users who used the snippet during the time period. (Growth and Enterprise tiers only)
- Snippet Drill-down reports – When viewing an organization’s Users report, you can click on a user in the table to run a new report showing the specific snippets that user expanded during the time period. (Growth and Enterprise tiers only)
- When a customer creates an organization account, they’ll now receive a welcome email with resources on how to get started with their organization
- Many views in the web application now contain help screens when the user has not used the feature before
- Numerous user interface improvements and clean up
- Better accessibility via keyboard navigation for several controls in the user interface
- Fixes an issue that could prevent users from signing into the web application in certain situations
December 2, 2021
- Improves display of pricing when purchasing a plan with certain currencies
- Addresses issue preventing users from changing their primary email address
- Displays more information about recent purchases and a link to associated invoices
November 4, 2021Adds Growth tier, self-service SSO, Zapier integration, and improves the purchase process.
- Organization Growth Tier – Introducing the new Growth tier for organizations. This provides additional features to help teams communicate faster and smarter
- Self-service SSO – Organizations can now configure and manage their own SSO setup. We provide guides for a number of popular IdPs. (* Growth tier and above)
- Zapier integration – We are previewing Zapier integrations to allow organizations to integrate TextExpander with other systems. (* Growth tier and above)
- Better purchase experience – Improves the interface for purchasing and managing your subscription
- Additional currencies – We now accept payment in 29 different currencies
- When a session times out on app.textexpander.com, the system will remember your last location when you sign back in
August 19, 2021Improvements to the Single Sign-on (SSO) experience.
- When the TextExpander applications open links on app.textexpander.com, the user will be automatically signed into the same account
- Adds a checkbox to remember the user’s email address when signing in via SSO
- If the user signs in via SSO, the next time the user is prompted to sign in, the system will present the Sign In with SSO prompt by default
- Adds support for deep linking to specific URLs in the webapp when signing in via SSO
August 3, 2021Complete localization, and additional improvements.
- Localized into French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Adds a “Remove Member” menu option for the Organization Members list
- Improves UI consistency, with particular focus on dialogs, alerts, etc
- Improves accessibility, particularly in modal dialogs
- Adds an option when entering your password to toggle password visibility
- Improves performance when removing members from large organizations
- Addresses issue in which a new user could be sent incorrect instructions on how to complete setting up their account
June 21, 2021Security and authentication improvements, along with cleaner and easier user interface.
- Improves user security by introducing a new authentication portal at auth.textexpander.com
- Cleaner UI for signing in and creating new accounts
- Adds collapsing sidebar for easier navigation on app.textexpander.com on narrower screen sizes
- Adds multi-select and filtering to organization member lists, team snippet group lists, and snippet group member lists
- Adds a new Organization > Settings section to which management of Organization Domains is moved
- Improves appearance of lists and tables
- Strengthens minimum password requirements for new accounts
- Signs out the user from app.textexpander.com when there has been no activity in the session for 30 minutes
- Locks account access when too many incorrect password attempts are made on a given account within a set period of time
- Enforces shorter expiration times for various tokens such as resetting passwords and verifying emails
- Fixes issue that could prevent a user from accepting an invitation to an organization or a snippet group if the case of their email address does not match
March 31, 2021Additional fixes.
- Fixed snippet group export that could fail to export the snippet’s contents
- Fixed issue that could prevent deleting a user account in certain situations
- Fixed issue that could allow deleting the last admin member of a shared snippet group
March 24, 2021Mostly under-the-hood improvements with an eye toward the future.
- Imports .textexpandersettings files from TextExpander 5 (recommend updating to TextExpander 5.1.7 first)
- Improves onboarding experience
- Allows removing admins from organization snippet groups to assist offboarding
- Updates layout for assigning a snippet group to an organization
- Various other fixes and improvements
February 17, 2021This update improves the Public Groups directory.
- The Public Groups directory is now accessible at https://snippets.textexpander.com
February 4, 2021This update revamps the Public Groups directory.
- New Public Groups Directory. The directory is now searchable and includes categories for filtering. In addition, you can preview popular snippets for each snippet group and see how many other users are using the snippet group.
- Adds breadcrumb navigation in some views to make navigation between views easier
- Organization settings are now easier to find in the sidebar for organization admins
- Upon sign-in, organization admins will be taken directly to their organization’s settings
- Continued improvements in the general layout of the application
- Supports additional delimiters (such as semicolons) when adding a list of emails to an organization
- Fixes issues that could prevent the organization admin of a deactivated organization from signing in or resetting their password
- Fixes the Add Team Member dialog to work when the organization includes users who have not set up their user profiles
- Fixes the Assign to Organization dialog to sort correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause editing the user’s profile information to fail
February 17, 2021
- Improves design of Public Groups directory
- Supports deep linking in the Public Groups directory for easy access to specific snippet groups
- Adds popularity ranking to Public Groups listings
- Improves previews for snippets
December 16, 2020This update significantly refreshes the user experience.
- Adds sidebar navigation
- Refreshes icons
- Lightens elements to improve ease of reading
- Adds new UI for user management within a team
- Introduces team admins: A team can (optionally) designate team admins. Team admins can add and remove existing org users and existing org snippet groups to a team. This allows org admins to delegate this responsibility to other org members. Team admins (who are not org admins) will see only the Teams entry for an organization in the sidebar.
- Snippet groups added to a team now automatically add the team members to the snippet groups’ members list
December 16, 2020
- Adds default sort orders to Reports, making it easier to see that the columns are sortable
- Improves security by implementing the browser Content Security Policy
October 12, 2020This update adds some reporting improvements.
- Adds export of raw statistics data for Individuals and Organziations
- Adds an Inactive Users report for Organizations to see which members have not used TextExpander in the past 30 days
September 9, 2020This update focuses on additional reporting.
- Adds customizable date ranges to statistics reporting for Enterprise Tier and individuals
- Adds personal snippets statistics to reporting for closed organizations
- Set Words Per Minute (WPM) for statistics reporting, which affects time saved calculations
August 10, 2020This update focuses on partial localization.
- Adds localized instructions in French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish for:
- Sign in
- Sign up
July 1, 2020This update focuses on long-term infrastructure improvements.
- Improves performance and stability
- Improves security
- Other fixes and improvements
May 11, 2020This update smooths some rough edges to onboarding.
- Adds visual indicator for incorrect keypresses during tutorial
- Changes ‘skip video’ button to ‘Continue to the training’
- Fixes a GA name typo
March 24, 2020This update introduces a new onboarding experience.
- New onboarding process, including snippet creation walkthrough