Download: screenshots, icon, logotype
What’s new in TextExpander 6?
Smile has launched TextExpander.com, the easy way to share snippets across a team, along with new app versions TextExpander 6 for Mac, TextExpander 4 for iPhone and iPad, and the new TextExpander for Windows beta. TextExpander keeps your snippets current on all your devices and lets you easily share and manage snippets across whole teams.
* New sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets. For powerful sharing management across a team of users set up a TextExpander Organization.
* A Windows beta app joins the Mac and iOS apps.
* New TextExpander accounts make app setup easy, just sign in to the app to use your snippets on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or PC.
* One TextExpander account gives you access to all the apps and app updates.
* TextExpander has a redesigned snippet editor for easier access to powerful macro features and a beautifully updated look and feel.
– Integrated TextExpander account and Apps
– Use current snippets on all your devices
– Share snippets easily with coworkers and friends
– Set editing permissions for shared snippets
– Set up an Organization to easily manage sharing across your team
– Automatically join an Organization using your company email address
– Automatically share company snippets with anyone who joins your Organization
– New Windows app (currently in beta)
– Beautiful new app look and feel
– New snippet editing toolbar
– New app icon
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
– Print snippets by group
– Mac version available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander for Mac requires a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
– TextExpander for iPhone and iPad requires an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or later
– TextExpander for Windows requires a PC running Windows 7 or later
US $40 / year for a Life Hacker plan for individuals.
US $9.95 / user / month for a Team plan. 20% discount for annual payment.
Current TextExpander users receive a 50% lifetime loyalty discount on a Life Hacker plan.
3 months free on a Life Hacker plan for users who purchased after December 1, 2015.
What is TextExpander?
TextExpander is your typing shortcut tool for Mac. Save time at work or at play, whether replying to email or filling online forms, by typing abbreviations which expand to snippets of text, whole paragraphs, images and more.
Create short, expandable abbreviations for email signatures, standard greetings, formatted text and pictures. TextExpander comes with autocorrect libraries in English, French, and German to correct your typing in all apps. Even make snippets to fix your personal typing foibles.
Create more advanced snippets with fill-in-the-blank areas, paste in copied text, insert the current or future date, choose the final cursor location, and run scripts.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Smile makes productivity software for smart people, including TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool for Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad; PDFpen, the all-purpose Mac PDF editor; PDFpen for iPad & iPhone, the mobile PDF editor; PDFpen Scan+, which brings the power of OCR to your iPad and iPhone and DiscLabel, the CD label design program for Mac.