Delimiters are [Space], [Tab], [Return], [Esc] as well as over 30 other characters such as period, comma, slash, backslash, brackets, and tilde.
Mac / Windows
- Choose TextExpander > Preferences…
- Click Expansion in the Preferences toolbar
- Click Set Delimiters… to see all available delimiters
- Click on the TextExpander icon in the upper right of your Chrome browser.
- Choose Options.
- Click on Set delimiters.
What happens to the delimiter after the abbreviation is expanded?
In Preferences > Expansion, the menu “Expand abbreviations:” has two choices for delimiter behavior:
- at delimiter (keep delimiter)
- at delimiter (abandon delimiter)
(To override this setting for a specific snippet, add a “Keep delimiter” specifier (“%+”, without the surrounding quotation marks) or an “Abandon delimiter” specifier (“%-“) to the very end of your snippet.)