TextExpander comes with a predefined groups called Internet Productivity. These snippets shorten URLs automatically using services like Bit.ly, TinyURL, and Digg. Both Digg and Bit.ly require accounts. There is also a snippet to validate a URL.
1. To use one of these URL shortening snippets, copy a URL like:
2. Type the snippet abbreviation, either /bitly, /digg, or /tinyurl.
3. A shortened URL will expand, like:
The URL validating snippet will test any URL copied tosh clipboard to check that is works. To use it:
1. Copy a URL.
2. Type the validating snippet abbreviation, /testurl.
3. If the URL expands as is, it works. If it expands with “XX” at the start, it is not a valid URL.