Add a new group:
- Click the Add Groups button in the menu bar of the TextExpander window on desktop. Tap the “+” at the bottom of the Groups list on iPad or iPhone.
Add a group from a file:
TextExpander can import comma-separated (CSV) files, tab-separated (TSV) files, plain text files (TXT), and TextExpander group files.
- Open the TextExpander window and click the “+” in the lower left corner.
- Choose “Add group from file” then locate and select the file.
Add a group from another app:
Add a predefined snippet group:
TextExpander offers several optional snippet groups (predefined groups) you can add, like Autocorrect and others. Learn more in the Help.
- Open the TextExpander window and click on the plus + button in the lower left corner. For iPad or iPhone tap the “+” at the bottom of the Groups list.
- Select Add Predefined Group…
- Click on the group you want to add.
Or, you can go to File > Add Predefined Group… and click on the group you would like to add.