Add a new group:
- Click the Add Groups button in the menu bar of the TextExpander window. Tap the “+” at the bottom of the Groups list on iPad or iPhone.
Add a group from a file:
TextExpander can import comma-separated (CSV) files, tab-separated (TSV) files, plain text files (TXT), and TextExpander group files (TEXTEXPANDER).
- Open the TextExpander window and click the “+” in the lower left corner.
- Choose “Add group from file” then locate and select the file.
Add a group from another app:
Add a predefined snippet group:
TextExpander offers many ready-made snippet groups which you can find, and add to your library, on the Public Groups page. To add a group:
- Visit Public Groups, or from the app,
- Choose File > Add Public Group from the menubar or
- Open the TextExpander window, click on the “+” plus button in the lower left corner of the window, then choose Add Public Groups….
- Locate a group you’d like to add from the page, then click on Subscribe.
- The next screen will show the Subscribe screen for that group. click Subscribe to Group. If you aren’t signed in to TextExpander.com, you will be asked to do so first.
Now you’re done, the group has been added to your library.
Anyone may choose to publish a group on this page, and any TextExpander user may use those groups.
Import a snippet group using TextExpander.com:
You can also import groups on TextExpander.com, in either comma separated value format (.csv), or a single TextExpander snippet group file (.textexpander).
Sign in to your account on TextExpander.com and open the settings to the Import/Export tab. Learn more in our article How To Import / Export Groups on TextExpander.com.